Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 110

Something learned:

Take second-hand news with a grain of salt. I've been interviewed for newspaper articles before. The main thing I've learned is that quotes will be used out of context, and that meanings change as a result. Sometimes, the interviewer misunderstands something, and the report is just plain wrong. If it can happen to me, I'm sure that it can happen in any other article.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Communication. As much as possible, I tend to avoid talking to others. If I can spend 30 minutes figuring something out by myself to avoid starting up a 10 minute conversation, I'll do the former. Or I'd procrastinate on the actual act. I wish I could find a way past that discomfort.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Calling the music school and finding out my lost book was turned in there
2. Finding the book I wanted and a couple of books that kid wanted at the library
3. Short nap after lunch
4. Hubby taking the kid to the birthday party so I could have some peace to clean the house
5. Awesomest date night with husband at Providence

Looking forward to:

Hosting some friends tomorrow for the first time since having a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment