Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 99

Something learned:

A real date night is not just an outing with the husband sans kid. We've had regular, albeit infrequent, adult-only dinners since becoming parents, but I've found it extremely hard to get out of Mommy mode. I still am thinking about the todo list, the chores, the household minutia.

A true date night requires reconnecting, reflecting, rediscovering, relaxing. On our most recent date, I made a concious effort to relax and be playful. It's hard to play when I'm "the grown up" and constantly on watch. I also got us to reconnect with deeper conversation (not just a discussion of the week's grocery list) and where we reflected on our relationship.

I'd forgotten about that aspect of dating where you work hard to forge a connection with the other person. Even a well established relationship benefits from that renewal.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Crawfish at work for Fat Tuesday!
2. Free stuff from work again
3. No negative report from the kid's teacher today
4. Getting the global high score on Trip (Threes Android clone)
5. Hubby got the 360 working so I can play my Zumba game tomorrow

Looking forward to:

Recreating our wedding cake. The guy who did our cake sold his restaurant but I tracked him down and hubby called him for the recipe.

It was awesome cake, but we didn't even do a tasting. It was provided with the venue. We got so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment