Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 125

Something learned:

There are people I often wish I was more like, but the truth is, I only wish that I had particular aspects of them. These people I admire usually excel in a particular trait, but they are by no means perfect people. Nobody has it all. I think it's really hard to remember that sometimes. But when I do, I recall my own strengths, and feel a lot better about who I am, even though I can't sing like Idina Menzel, or am not a domestic goddess like Gweneth Paltrow, and have not created a billion (or even million) dollar business.

I still am happy with myself.

Something I would like to get better at:

Not lose sight of the big picture when dwelling on the details. I sometimes spend way too much time to save a few bucks, when my time is worth a lot more. I'm not in the habit of doing the cost benefit analysis on my time expenditure, but I really should, given how busy I am!

Today I was thankful for:

1. Scott gave me a delicious mango from his haul
2. Free massage for my work anniversary
3. My new Kindle arrived, and I'm loving using it
4. Got all the dishes done in the kitchen
5. Had the house to myself after the kid went to bed. It was so silent I could hear the clocks tick!

Looking forward to:

I think we're gonna go camping this summer in Yosemite!

No comments:

Post a Comment