Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 116

Something learned:

Teach by example.

When I pick up my kid in the afternoon, I ask her how her day went. Recently, she started asking me the same question too. While I find it adorable and nice to be asked, it also reminds me that everything I do has the potential to be emulated by my child and the easiest way to teach her the right way to live is to live it myself.

"Do as I say, not as I do" will not fly in this household.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Thinking on the fly. I'm a super slow thinker. I don't like thinking on the spot. I can't negotiate. I can't speak off the cuff. I can't go off script. I can't debate. I hate interviewing. Giving feedback is really hard.

I muse. I mull. I think over things in private for days. It's seriously quite the handicap.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting tickets for Gallifrey One in 2015 in the 75 minutes before they sold out.
2. Fun chorus practice -- one of our members is arranging a really geeky song for SATB. So awesome.
3. Kid not forgetting her violin for spring break
4. Kid doing well at the test for her purple belt.
5. Picking up nutella cookies at the local italian restaurant and the guy gives us a discount :)

Looking forward to:

Real Escape game tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Would you consider taking an intro class at ComedySportz? Many of the people who take our classes - if not most - are not actors or even interested in doing a show and performing on stage but are interested in these goals: getting better at being spontaneous, getting out of their heads, etc. Our teachers are the nicest in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great suggestion! I'm terrified of the idea, but I think that probably means it's good for me or something. Which classes would you recommend?

      Delete