Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 119

Something learned:

Realationship games and tests are not good things. This seems so obvious with the hindsight of 2 decades, but when I was younger, it seemed to make sense to say to myself something like "if he really loved me, he'd do XYZ". I had an addled notion that love either conferred ESP on people or only occurred between people whose brains were perfectly matched.

Open, honest communication works much better to build a good relationship.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Being more meticulous about my work. I'm meticulous about solving puzzles but when it comes to building something, I seem ready to stop once it starts working. I don't know how to train my brain to be more thorough about a project.

Today I was thankful for:

1. The kid's dental appointment going smoothly
2. Ukelele music. It always calms me down and makes me think of warm Hawaiian breezes.
3. Kid really enjoying her acting camp despite saying she didn't want to go
4. Husband setting up our new Tivo
5. Cake. I forgot about it for days and it was waiting for me in the fridge, and still yummy

Looking forward to:

Our chorus singing at a memorial for one of our members who passed away. I'd rather remember him with song than with pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment