Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 115

Something learned:

People feel what they feel. You can't tell someone they're not feeling something when you can't get into their head and know for yourself. At any rate, it's how their rational mind handles the emotion that's more important.

For my child, I validate her,  then teach her appropriate handling techniques. For my husband or other loved ones, I listen to understand them. 

Something I'd like to get better at:

Making friends.

For my kid's sake I'm trying to cultivate friendships with the other parents. They all seem to be good buddies already. I may be too late. I wish I knew who the other introverts are and then I can just band up with them.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Having the opportunity to have breakfast with the kid at her school
2. Really good salmon for lunch at work
3. Fixing a bug in public code. A bug that was reported 14 months ago!
4. The kid snapping out of her mystery sulk at the beginning of TKD class
5. Kid loving her new kid-sized pitchers, she can pour her own milk now! (And by extension, feed herself breakfast)

Looking forward to:

Kid's second TKD belt test tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment