Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 111

Something learned:

I wasn't kept safe as a child. The keys were firstly, being educated on safe boundaries, and secondly, a strong trusting relationship with my parents, that involves no secrets. I drill that into my own child now. Every few months, we review the list of body safety rules. No secrets from parents, and she is the boss of her body. Privacy, no touching or pictures. I can only pray that any predator will think many times before going after her.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Managing my energy levels better. I tend to stay up later than I should. I get so tired by the time I pick the kid up after school, I don't get around to doing all the things with her that I want to do.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Awesome hike with the family -- it was short, it was shady, the waterfall at the end was pretty.
2. Yummy lunch at Porto's
3. Yummy dinner of black pepper crab
4. The friends who came for dinner loving the food, and contributing yummy stuff too.
5. House was clean by the time kid was in bed

Looking forward to:

I think it's time to bring the kid to Yosemite again to go camping in the wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment